Saturday, January 28, 2012

What makes a good family?

I liked the first discussion asking what do we think a good family consists of?
Is a family only considered a family if it consists of a husband, wife and a child?
What about two males and a child? Or two females and a child? are these not families?


I never thought about the different classifications of the family until this discussion. Also that a family could also be a group of people not blood related in the slightest. Such as a community, or a tribe supporting children. I would even go as far as to classify rescued animals and their zoo keeps as a family. 


When it is so hard to classify what you can even consider a family, it must be even harder to study those implicated as being "families".


My family consists of a husband/wife, my sister and I. Which has became much less the norm in the 20th century. It used to be the law that a wife is stuck with her husband no matter what. Now North American society is just as quick to drop their spouse, as they are to change socks. I am curious if divorced families have negative effects on the children in those families, and what about single parent families?


Written from Disneyland :D

No comments:

Post a Comment