Thursday, February 16, 2012

Intergenerational Change Activity

My family is quite different from my grandparents’ families. I have only one sibling a mom and a dad whereas all of my grandparents had no less that 5 siblings. I think society used to be a lot more family orientated then it is today. In the present it seems like society is mainly concerned with instant gratification, popularity, and wealth which changes the whole dynamic of the family. My family is also different in that my sister and I did not grow up on a farm or in the country, where a lot of work was required to uphold the household. My grandparents all lived on farms at least in their early childhood. This caused them to be the hard, determined workers that are an asset in any work force. I sometimes wish that I had grown up on a farm so that I could value the importance of hard work. I have a very strong work ethic already, but knowing what it’s like to work super hard every day, would come in handy when I enter the work force. 

No comments:

Post a Comment