Monday, February 6, 2012

Shyness

I love this short film! Shyness is about 3 shy kids in elementary school, all who are shy. There are 2 boys and 1 girl. Then the video goes on to talk about the dangers of being shy, and how if you are shy as a child you will forever be doomed to a shy adulthood, alone, without friends or a partner. I find this quite amusing, seeing as there are many functional shy adults that do just fine, and have a partner.

When the video explores why the kids are shy it blames the parents for 2 out of 3. The 3rd child is fine just the way he is, and would just rather be alone.

This video strongly supports my previous beliefs about bad parenting, and its effect on children. I think that almost all dysfunctional children are a direct result of bad parenting. Even if the child has a mental disorder, the parents should be responsible for getting help. I think parents nowadays are more concerned with being their children’s friend instead of a role model, and a rule setter. This results in kids that do not have boundaries, and are used to instant gratification. Therefore they partake in risky behaviors to satisfy that instant gratification. If it was up to me I would make sure all adults take a test before they have children. A parent certificate would be mandatory for all parents. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment