Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Eric Dishman: Take Healthcare off the Mainframe

This video really upset me because my grandmother is currently in the hospital due to a fall. I did not realize the conditions that seniors are put in until my grandmother was put in a home. She seemed to go very quickly downhill after she got put into the old folks home. My family thought she would receieve extensive care once we moved her into an extensive care home, but she fell all the same, and with an employee of the home in the very same room.

After I heard about this from my grandma it made me notice the commercials on T.V. more about elder abuse, and the campaigns going around the school. One campaign talked about how it is only required for seniors in homes to have a shower weekly, more if they feel like it. Once a week! I would be disgusted with myself if I only showered once a week.

I think we need to look at the people that are in homes and realize that they are our grandparents, parents, war veterens, volunteers, hard workers, honest, dependable people, and think seriously about the conditions they are exposed to after a life of hard work.

It really is disgusting and makes me not want to get old. I do not want to be put into those positions ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment