Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Erik Erikson

Erik Erikson believed that during early to middle adulthood (20-30 years old) we go through a stage of tension where we are searching for social relationships after leaving the household. We change our attention from our family to finding a significant other, if we don’t find someone; we aren’t developing in a healthy way.

So this leads me to my life! What does my dating life look like you ask? Well I will tell you. I have been dating since I was very young, and find myself pretty much incomplete without a boyfriend. I think some people just need to be in a relationship to be happy. I have learned a lot about myself through my relationships with others, and am now aware of what I do and do not want in a relationship. I recently found someone that I am very happy with and have been spending most of my time away from home with him.

It is very hard in my opinion to meet people once you leave high school. You no longer have that vast network of eligible’s that you see everyday. You have to find other methods to find a mate. Some ways to find a mate could include the pubs, sports teams, the beach, miscellaneous sports, and college.

Finally we will talk about the main purpose of dating in present society. In my opinion today’s youth date for recreational purposes. We just want someone to hangout with, to share feelings with, and to experiment with. We use this person to find our likes and dislikes, and as a middle point on our path to ultimately finding our mate in adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment