Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Larson`s Model of the Development of Love

Larson`s model of Love talks about the different stages through which couples pass through to fulfill intimacy. Throught these stages we go from a low positive affect to the highest positive affect.
The stages are as follows`
1. Limited Rapport- Someone has characteristics that you admire
2. Rapport- Being comfortable around someone
3. Limited Transparency- Feeling comfortable telling someone secrets, and showing your true self.
4. Creative Interdependency- Your first priority is the relationship you have.
5 Crucial Transparency- Baring ones soul to the other
6. Self-Discovery- Learning about oneself through the relationship
7. Vital Transparency- Having unconditional love for one another.

In regards to the relationship I am currently in I find myself between the creative interdependency and crucial transparency stage, which is the farthest I have been in a relationship.

However this model I think should not be put in stages as I find myself going through numerous stages at the same time. As I am a very outgoing extrovert I share everything about myself even to friends, and with my closest friends my first priority is maintaining that relationship.

In this current generation I do not think many couples reach the vital transparency stage, because if more people did there would be less divorce in the world. That is not the case, as divorce is an ever increasing phenomenom.

No comments:

Post a Comment